KITCHEN DESIGN 101
Part I of kitchen design ideas “From Concept to Completion”. The series of articles from the Style Plus design team will look at key aspects of kitchen design and the types of kitchen renovations that Style Plus undertake.
Planning & Design
LAYOUT CONSIDERATIONS FOR YOUR KITCHEN RENOVATION
• Consider placement of pipes, vents, electricity outlets and switches.
• Allow at least 300mm clearance either side of your cooktop and sink.
• Standard floor units are 720mm high plus 150mm (for the kickboard), and 580mm deep. Wall units are 720mm high and 350mm deep (not including handles). Benchtop height, from floor to top of bench, is 900mm and depth is 600mm.
• The splashback over an electric cooktop should be a minimum of 450mm high if it’s under a wall unit. If the splashback is under a rangehood or a sink with wall unit above it, the splashback should be a minimum of 600mm high. Minimum height of a rangehood above a gas hob is 650-750mm, depending on the manufacturer’s recommendation.
• Include as much working space as possible.
• Consider a walk-in pantry. This would maximise storage for a small kitchen.
Book your consultation today and kick start your renovation project!
Whilst all information is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of the information. The information may change without notice and Style Plus is not in any way liable for the accuracy of any information printed and stored or in any way interpreted and used by a user.