- Why hire an interior designer?For some clients, the sheer number of creative decisions that must be made when putting together a space can be overwhelming. Interior Designers assist in simplifying the process so that you can achieve the ideal end result. At Style Plus we would assist you in creating well-thought-out spaces that are functional, have good flow, and make your home unique to you in more ways than one.
- Can you help with kitchen design?Yes we can. We work closely with a kitchen manufacturer base on the North Shore. They have been designing and manufacturing beautiful, high quality, custom kitchens for 20 years. Our home page shows an example recently completed kitchen.
- What if I don’t like the design?This does happen on occasion. Don't be disheartened if this does occur. In subsequent design presentations, we have always been able to overcome those issues. Keep in mind that design is constantly evolving. Your sense of style is changing. And it takes time to create the perfect interior for you. Continue to use social media inspiration boards. Send us a text message or email if you see something you like while you're out and about. Stay open-minded, be prepared to take some design risks, and be honest about how you're feeling.
- How do I prepare for the first 90 min consultation?We ask that you prepare a detailed list of everything you want to achieve, as well as any relevant images of rooms, styles, or colours that you are drawn to. This allows us to have a more detailed discussion about your likes and dislikes, as well as better understand what you are looking for in terms of an end result. This data becomes our 'Scope of Work.'
- How long will the design take?It varies according to the complexity of your project. Expect to spend more time with us if you're having work done, such as new floors or renovations in general. It will be much shorter if we only update one room. Furniture and decor lead times also factor into how long a project will take to complete. We will be able to tell you how long the project will take after the in-home consultation.
- What budget am I looking at for interior design?That is a very difficult question to answer. There are numerous factors that influence how much it costs to decorate a room or a home. Consider the styles you like, the size of the room, whether you have any furniture or decor that can be used in the new room, and whether you need any additional work done or renovations completed before styling commences. Following your consultation, we will provide you with an estimate.