- How much does it cost to build a deck with Pine?Typically, the cost of building a deck with Pine can range from around $190 to $350 per m2.
- How much does it cost to build a deck with Kwila?Typically, the cost of building a deck with Kwila can range from around $250 to $450 per m2.
- Can I increase my deck without council permission?For New Zealand, whether you require permission to extend your deck is determined on the specifics of your property and the intended deck extension. If the deck expansion will be less than 1.5 metres above ground level and will not be linked to a dwelling or structure, you will most likely not require permission to build it. If the deck will be linked to a home or structure, or if the addition will be more than 1.5 metres above ground level, you will almost certainly need to get a council consent. Also, you may be required to follow local zoning requirements, as well as limits on the placement of the deck and the materials to be used.
- Do I need building consent if my deck is 1.8 meters above the ground?Yes, a building consent is required as the proposed deck is higher than 1.5 metres.
- Do I need resource consent if my proposed deck is within 1 metre of the side / back boundary?Yes, you need a resource consent.
- If my deck is 1.5m above the ground do I need a balustrade?Yes, a safety barrier/balustrade is required