THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A HOME RENOVATION CONTRACTOR HANDLE YOUR RENOVATION PROJECT
Renovations in general can be both thrilling and intimidating. The process of transforming a place can be both exciting and stressful.
Many homeowner’s choices must be made, from designing the area to choosing materials and handling the building process.
Hiring an expert home renovation contractor is one of the best methods to guarantee an effective renovation job.
This article will review the advantages of hiring a home renovation contractor to manage your renovation job.
Table of Contents
EXPERTISE & EXPERIENCE
When it comes to renovations, some homeowners are tempted to take the DIY approach or hire individual contractors to handle different aspects of the project. However, typically, this approach can often lead to headaches, delays, and unexpected costs.
A skilled home renovation contractor will be able to handle all parts of your renovation job – from concept to completion and code of compliance.
They are knowledgeable and skilled in handling everything from minor changes to significant/structural renovations.
They can provide help and advice on design, materials, and building techniques.
They can also come up with innovative solutions to issues that may emerge during the renovation process.
PLANNING & DESIGN
A home renovation contractor can assist you and your architect in the planning and design of your renovation job.
They can collaborate with you to develop a feasible budget and timetable for your project.
They can also offer design ideas and recommendations to help you accomplish your goals.
For example, they can use their knowledge to maximise room functionality and the general aesthetic appeal of your home.
BUILDING CODE COMPLIANCE
A home renovation contractor is familiar with building code and regulations.
They can ensure that your renovation project complies with all relevant codes and regulations. This will help you avoid costly fines and delays.
For New Zealand, all building work must comply with the Building Code, even if it doesn’t require a building consent. This ensures buildings are safe, healthy and durable.
ENSURING QUALITY WORKMANSHIP
When you hire a home renovation contractor such as Style Plus Renovations, you can rest assured that your construction project is in good hands.
They have the expertise and experience to oversee every aspect of the job, from designing the plans to sourcing materials to managing the contractors.
This means that they can ensure that all work is done to the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship, giving you peace of mind that your home renovation is in good hands.
A home renovation contractor can assist you to manage your budget.
They can provide cost estimates and help you prioritize your renovation goals.
They can also help you identify areas where you can save money without sacrificing quality or style.
They can help you make informed decisions that will ensure that you get the most value for your investment.
A home renovation contractor can manage all aspects of your renovation project.
They can create a realistic timeline for your project and ensure that all work is completed on schedule.
They can coordinate the work of all the different tradespeople involved in the project, such as carpenters, electricians, plumbers, and painters.
They can also manage the ordering and delivery of materials, schedule council inspections, and oversee the build process.
COMMUNICATION & COLLABORATION
A home renovation contractor can ensure that there is clear and open communication throughout the project.
They can act as a single point of contact and can keep you updated on the progress of the project, and provide regular status reports.
They can also collaborate with you to make any necessary changes to the project as it progresses.
Renovation projects can be stressful, especially if you are managing them on your own.
Hiring a home renovation contractor can help alleviate that stress.
They can handle all the details of the project, allowing you to focus on other things.
They can also help you manage any unexpected issues that may arise during the renovation process.
Typically a home renovation contractor’s main goal is to ensure customer satisfaction.
They work closely with you throughout the project to ensure that your goals are met and that you are happy with the end result.
They can also provide support after the project is completed, such as follow-up inspections and maintenance services.
Hiring a home renovation contractor can provide many advantages for your renovation job.
They have the knowledge and experience to handle all parts of the project, including planning and design, project management, and customer satisfaction.
They can assist you in budget management, materials/wares selection, building code compliance, and quality control.
They can also help you decrease stress during the project.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT FAQS
- What is a LIM report?Land Information Memorandum Memorandum (LIM). A LIM is a report generated at your request by the local council. It gives a summary of the current property information possessed by the council's various departments on the day the LIM was created. For Auckland homeowners, you can apply for your LIM report here.
- Can my builder be a project manager?Yes, there are licensed builders that manage the whole renovation process. Whichever option you decide on, be sure there is a formal contract that clearly defines all of the parties' responsibilities.
- Do I need a project manager for my home renovation?Ultimately, as the home owner it is your choice. However, keep in mind the following;
- A project manager is your safety net, and they are there to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- A project manager relieves stress by managing your project from start to finish, keeping you informed every step of the way. And is usually one point of contact for the project.
- A project manager can save you money in the long run because they manage the entire project, can source products, and are familiar with everything.
- A project manager understands how long things take and can plan and organise sub-trades to be on the job at the right time.
- How do project managers charge for their services?There are a few ways that project managers managing a building project charge for their services. The following are a few popular choices;
- Flat fee per project
- Invoicing based on hourly rates
- Percentage of project costs
- Project phase payments
- What role does a project manager play for a home renovation?Renovation project managers are in charge of the planning and execution of the renovation projects. They make certain that work is finished on schedule, on budget and liase with the local council if required. They also plan logistics, distribute tasks, and keep track of the budget/expenditures.
Whether you are looking to increase your home’s resale value or create a space that you can enjoy for years, contact us and arrange for a free consultation.
At Style Plus Renovations, we will help you achieve your renovation goals!
Whilst all information is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact the accuracy of the information.
The information may change without notice and Style Plus Renovations is not in any way liable for the accuracy of any information printed and stored or in any way interpreted and used by a user.
As an Auckland North Shore family-owned and run business, Style Plus Renovations cares about what we do and we take the time to fully understand your renovation needs. We are also proud to receive some exceptional compliments from our Auckland clients.
Get started with a Free
Architects Renovation Feasibility Report
YOUR RENOVATION PROJECT
Tel us about your renovation project and we’ll call you back for a no-obligation chat about your ideas.
Alternatively, if you prefer, we can initially set up a meeting using Microsoft Teams or Zoom (and other meeting apps) for a no-obligation chat about your ideas.
We look forward to hearing from you to discuss your project and get you started on your renovation journey.
If you would like to know more about our renovation process, check it out here.