How much does it cost to build a deck?
How much does it cost to build a deck in Auckland? The team at Style Plus looks at decking options and costs to build your deck.
Whether used as a retreat or for entertaining, decks and patios are multi-functional outdoor living spaces.
With the current trend for outdoor entertaining and relaxation, building a new decking area is more popular than ever before.
Rules & Regulations
Before we can plan or build a deck, there are a few rules and regulations to consider.
• For outdoor structures like fences, decks and retaining walls, the main reason you may require a consent is if you are building over a certain height. You do not require a building consent for decks that are up to 1.5 metres above ground.
• Any deck where someone can fall 1 metre or more requires a barrier and you may require a resource consent.
• If the deck is attached to the house then you should allow a 12mm gap on the ribbon plate to stop moisture retention behind the plate which can lead to mould mildew and eventually rot.
• And most importantly, decks must still meet other building requirements, primarily the durability and structural requirements. Check with your designer or builder on those requirements.
Tip: Check out Auckland City Council webpage – Fences, Decks & Retaining Walls. Alternatively, contact Style Plus | Renovations and we will guide you through your building process.
How much will my deck cost?
This is a common question that we are asked. The answer can be complex based on the design. However, for a basic guideline and does not include stairs, seating, base cladding, demolition or any allowances for specific design, plans or permit fees…
Bathroom vanities with Style
With so many available gorgeous bathroom styles and ideas, it is hard to make a decision on which bathroom vanities and sink to select for your new or renovated bathroom. The team at Style Plus look at bringing style to the bathroom space.
Types of vanities & sinks for your renovation | new build
It’s not easy to pick out a sink for your bathroom bathroom renovation or new build when there is a good selection to choose from. There are a couple things to consider when selecting a bathroom sink:
• What is the design style that you want to achieve?
• Is your chosen bathroom design clean lines and modern, traditional or mid-century modern?
Think also about the space you have to work with. From wall hung sinks that attach directly to the wall and do not use any floor space to bathroom sinks that are mounted in a vanity or sit above a countertop, there are many options to choose from.
Stylish Bathroom Vanities
Bathroom vanities come in all shapes and sizes. You will want to make sure you have the right one for your design style. Keep in mind that the bathroom vanity is pretty much the centrepiece of the bathroom.
There are three main styles of bathroom vanities:
• Shelf Vanities
• Wall mounted vanities
• Cabinet style vanities
A shelf type vanity is a minimalist type vanity. This type of vanity can be designed in a variety of ways such as wall hung or as part of a free standing unit…