RENOVATION & ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION E3/AS1
Building Code clause E3 Internal moisture requires buildings to be constructed to avoid fungal growth on linings, water overflowing to adjoining units and moisture damage to building elements. The ‘Acceptable Solution E3/AS1’ does not specifically define a wet area, but uses the terms ‘subject to watersplash’ and ‘showers’ when defining wet area requirements.
Referring to E3/AS1, a waterproofing membrane is required for tiled shower enclosures where tiles are laid over an absorbent substrate such as fibre-cement or water-resistant plasterboard. Suitable finishes for wet areas are:
- Timber and timber-based materials, such as timber strip and overlay flooring, particleboard or plywood, if they are sealed with a waterproof applied coating.
- Compressed sheet (fibre-cement) used as a substrate.
- Waterproof sheet material such as vinyl.
- Terrazzo, concrete or cement plaster with steel trowel or polished finish.
- Ceramic and stone tiles with 6% maximum absorption (joints must be waterproof and bedding material specified as suitable for wet area use).
- Cork tile or sheet with a waterproof coating and sealed joints.
STYLE PLUS | REGISTERED WATERPROOF APPLICATOR.
Style Plus is a Registered Waterproofing Applicator, for E3 “Internal moisture standards NZ” we only use Mapei’s brand’s approved “impervious membrane systems”. This is a ready-to-use, ultra quick-drying, flexible liquid membrane for internal waterproofing.
Style Plus is also listed as an approved “Producer Statement Author” for Auckland City Council .We can take care of all the regulatory requirements on your behalf, such as requesting “Waterproofing Inspections” , submitting detailed documentation regarding the products we use and working with councils on unusual tiling requests which gives you, the customer, peace of mind that we stand by our installation.
Having full support from the manufacturers & councils, who we regularly liaise with, we can take care of all your waterproofing requirements, which include but not limited to bath cradles, wet floor showers, laundries and kitchens.