If you are adding a home extension and the scope of works include a bathroom, there will be no costs for demolition, for example, disconnection your current wares and removing all existing wall linings. However, there will be other costs such as extending key services into the new bathroom (water, electrical, drainage and sewage). Because of these expenses, the cost of a new bathroom may be higher.
The following costs are indicative only to give a general guideline.
- Low bathroom renovation cost start at approximately $15,000 – $19,000
- Mid bathroom renovation cost range from $18,500 – $22,500
- High bathroom renovation cost range from $23,000 – $27,500+ for a full tile bathroom.
Kitchen Renovation Costs.
Similar to the new bathroom option, the cost will not include removing the old kitchen but will include new plumbing and electricity.
To determine the kitchen costs you will need to determine your kitchen design and your appliances.
Other costs (estimates/quotes) that you will need to determine are from the kitchen suppliers and installers, electrician, plumber and builder. Typically, a new kitchen install will be higher than a kitchen renovation.
The following kitchen renovation costs are indicative only to give a general guideline.
- Low kitchen renovation cost start at approximately $10,000 – $22,000
- Mid kitchen renovation cost range from $22,000 – $50,000
- High kitchen renovation cost range from $50,000 – $80,000+
Tip: Modular (kit set) kitchen suppliers work with set sized cabinets. Their approach is to do a “best fit” from within their standard range and then use filler panels to fill the gaps. Custom made kitchens offer better use of space and are designed and fitted to your specification.
Tip: Check your build contract, as the design of a kitchen is unique to the homeowner the actual cost may not be included. However, a provisional sum may be included in your build contract as a ballpark allowance.